WELCOME to SPCS2013
2013 Shanghai Particle Physics and Cosmology Symposium (SPCS2013)will take place at Shanghai Jiao Tong University(SJTU), China on June 3-5, 2013. This will be the third of annual symposium series. The purpose of the Shanghai Symposium is to gather top-notch researchers in particle physics and cosmology, review the major progress of the field, envision possible breakthroughs in the near future, and discuss long-term perspectives. Considering the historic discovery of the Higgs-like boson at LHC in July, 2012,the main focus of the SPCS2013 will be on Higgs,new physics at LHC and dark matter searches. This symposium will also provide an opportunity to build closer ties between the Chinese and international physics communities and to stimulate fundamental physics researches in China.
Deadline for registration: May 26, 2013
NEW Announcements (detailed information is available):
- Conference room is located at the 2nd floor of Academic Activity Center (ACC)，会议地点：上海交通大学闵行校区学术活动中心二楼会议室， SJTU Minhang Campus Map (交大闵行校区地图）.
- Airports pick-up on June 2 only (Taxi cost needs to be paid by yourself).
- For participants stay at Ramada and FX hotels (close to each other) in downtown, we will provide shuttle service, pick-up at the Ramada Hotel, and the shuttle will depart at 7:00 AM on June 3-5, please keep on time, thanks.
- Welcome reception will be held on top deck of INPAC (4th floor, east side of Bao Yugang Library-包玉刚图书馆东侧信息楼4楼，粒子物理和宇宙学研究所) at 5:00-7:00 PM on June 3.
- Excursion (500 RMB/person) is to visit Tongli town-江苏同里镇 in Jiangsu province, depart at 8:00 AM (Ramada) and return to Hotel around 5:00 PM on June 6.
International Advisory Committee
Steven Weinberg (U. Texas, Austin)
Frank Wilczek (MIT)
Chris Quigg (Fermilab)
John Ellis (CERN)
Gordon Kane (U. Michigan, Ann Arbor)
JoAnne Hewett (SLAC, Stanford)
Michael E. Peskin (SLAC, Stanford)
Peter Jenni (CERN)
Guido Tonelli (INFN)
Hesheng Chen (IHEP)
Yuping Kuang (Tsinghua U.)
Yifang Wang (IHEP)
Kuang-da Chao (PKU)
Local Organization Committee
Yang Bai (U. Wisconsin)
Xiaogang He (SJTU/NTU)
Xiangdong Ji (SJTU/U. Maryland)
Liang Li (SJTU)
Jianglai Liu (SJTU)
Kaixuan Ni (SJTU)
Michael Ramsey-Musolf (U. Wisconsin)
Liaotao Wang (U. Chicago)
Haijun Yang (Co-chair, SJTU)
Haibo Yu (U. Michigan)
Zhengguo Zhao (USTC)
Bing Zhou (Co-chair, U. Michigan)